Whats up fam, its been a while since ive sent one of these emails to just yall but I just wanted to write to yall about hermano Francisco. In my first transfer here in Cañete he sent us a reference through redes sociales and he sounded chill off the start and then his progress shot off like a rocket and he was baptized in 3 weeks!! He read the bookf of mormon after the first visit and confessed to us how he has had a drinking problem for a long time and while reading the book of mormon and praying he doesnt feel the need to drink. And hasnt drank since we first met him. He reads at least 3 times a week and prays everyday and attends church in all of the weeks ive known him. Let me give you a little more about Francisco.
- He is a single father of a boy who has autism
- He has his own house but has to live in his moms house everyday to help his kid, which his moms house is only half built (you can literally just walk outside because there are no walls in the back half of his house, if you look at the top right of the photo you can see the outside) and only dirt floors
- He has to drive his moto 25-30 mins every sunday so he can attend and he lives in the middle of nowhere with no streetlights or anything, and he goes to work right after
- Had a drinking problem
- Felt little to no peace in his life, all he wanted was a change
There is more but it doesnt matter for hermano Francisco, he knew that it was through a book and attending church that his life will be for the better and he reached out to the missionaries hoping it would, and it did. Today we visited him and all he said towards the end was literally this "I know that the book of mormon and this church changes lives, and I love this church" and thats all it took for me to feel a giant wave of the spirit and like always tear up. This man was chosen of God to endure this life and eventually find his church again and thats what he did. Hermano Francisco shows me what real dedication and real love to this gospel truly looks like and he has changed my perspective on this church and the missionary work. I have learned what a true disciple looks like and I will never forget this man and his faithfulness. He already has his temple recommend and he is ready to be baptized for his family members who have passed away. I can testify with all my heart (thanks to hermano Francisco) that the book of mormon is the word of God and that simple stories and words on a book changes lives. I can testify that the atonement of Jesus is real and it is powerful, and I am so grateful to be able to take the sacrament to remember what He did for me. I love this church and all of the opportunities I have to become a better person. The missionary work is life changing not only for others but for you, we have the opportunity to find our weaknesses and make them strengths. I told mom and dad that I couldn't find a reason to come to Cañete, but if Francisco is there I will want to see him and thank him for changing my perspective on this gospel, even though I taught him it. Twins i cannot wait to hear the experiences you have with the people you meet in your missions, even though its a year away im very excited to see whats in store for yall and whats in store for the 1 sacred year i have left to do this great work
Here is the photo with him from tonight (he has the green long sleeve shirt and my arm is around him), he introduced us to his kid, mom, and stepfather tonight. And yes i gave them all baby Jesus's.
Love you all, hope you have a great night 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home