ONE YEAR MARK!
(Elder Jensen didn't write anything so I copied his message to us from facebook)
We just had a super good lesson to end off the pday: we visited the bishop because it had been a while and in the multizone we just had President Byers told us about a story with Elder Kearon when he was a branch leader (and recent convert who didnt know much) that was struggling a lot and one of the elders that just got there told elder kearon "i know this area and branch has struggled but I also know you receive revelation for this area and as a representative of Jesus Christ i invite you to pray with your wife and think of one street me and my comp should visit and I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ that there will be a baptism. So that night President Kearon and his wife prayed and both came up with the same name without telling each other and they told the elders the next day and so the elders went and baptized a girl shortly after. And when President told us that story i thought "wow thats an insane story" and then got goosebumps and felt "elder jensen you need to do this as well."
So today when we visited the bishop we talked, read scriptures and then I remembered that story and told the bishop and his wife and then I did the same thing, I said, "bishop I know you have the power and authority to receive revelation for this area and your ward, and ive never given this invitation before but as a representative of Jesus Christ I want to invite you and your wife to pray for one street name and me and my comp will go to that street and I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ that there will be a baptism"
And he looked at me like I was insane and then he smiled and said "elder we will do that tonight and we will let you know tomorrow." Everytime I promise something in the name of Jesus Christ there is a different spirit in the room and it gets so peaceful I cant describe it so I know I was doing the right and my comp and bishop knows as well
Thats one of my favorite things if not my favorite as a missionary is bring able to promise things in the name of Jesus Christ and they will happen. I cant describe it, it feels like Jesus is working right through me and he is doing the miracle and im the mouth piece. It is one of the most astonishing things


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home